Monday, January 24, 2011

Devastation

Some very good friends of ours went to get their little 20 month old boy from his bed Saturday morning to find that he had passed away in the night.  I am so devastated for them and for their children.

We have been friends since before any of us were married and have continued to be friends all of these years.  We were pregnant at the same time with my 4th and her 3rd...due within days of each other.  We spent that summer throwing up and growing big together.  She went on to have another little boy and he is the one who is now an angel.  Seeing them go through this is heartbreaking!  Yet at the same time, the faith and poise and strength that has always drawn me to them is ever present.

At this time I have 2 requests.  Please keep their family in your prayers that they will find the peace and comfort that only the Lord can give.  Please take a minute to tell the people you love that you love them...you never know when you won't get another chance.

If you would like to know more about their experience, you can read her blog here.

9 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. When my daughter was born, I had the distinct impression that she wouldn't be mine for long. She's a healthy, vibrant 3 year old, but I still feel the aching at the thought of losing her. To hear about others who actually have lost a child brings all those feelings back. I will pray for them!! And for you too.

Judy Whatilivefor said...

I can't imagine the pain your friends are going through. My youngest is the same age as their son and my heart aches for them.

Unknown said...

my heart hurts for your friends. I cannot even imagine their pain and yours too, as you are there for them. may our Lord grant you and the whole famiy His peace and wraps His love around you all.

((hugs))
melody

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Prayed for them today.

Erin said...

I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to your friends! They will be in our prayers!

Sharon@Keen Inspirations said...

You will all be in my prayers. Our little grandaughter passed away at 37 weeks gestation...I understand the loss. The family will need love and support as well as prayers for sometime.
Praying for comfort and peace....

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Ami Allison said...

I am praying for your friends. I am so so sorry. How devastating.

Life in Rehab said...

I can't even imagine their pain, and I never want to know it. My prayers are with them and you.