Monday, September 6, 2010

Messy Monday -- Cookies!!

Sometimes my favorite thing to do with my kids is to make cookies!  With 4 little helpers it almost alwasy turns out Messy, so it is the perfect activity to share with you today.  Could my helpers be any cuter?!

Doodle Cookies (a.k.a. snickerdoodles) recipe from here.
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
  3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

What have you done for Messy Monday?  Link it up!

1.  Use the link to your actual blog post, not your blog address.
2.  Grab a Messy Monday button and put it in your blog post or somewhere on your blog.

 


 
 


3.  Go check out what everyone else is up to and leave them some comment love!

I'm linking to these sites.  Go check them out!

7 comments:

Maryle said...

Your little helpers are soooooooo darling!!!! We miss you!! The cookies look yummy. I'll have to try this with my kiddos.

Katie said...

First time visiting! Guess I should have taken a photo of the mess I made while making the wreath :).

Diane said...

OMGosh, your little chefs are adorable and thanks for the cookie recipe. I looks soooo yummy Ü

Ami Allison said...

YAY!!! I finally got to link up something messy!!! :) Your kiddos are so adorable!!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

We love snickerdoodles! My dd already asked if we could make them for Christmas this year (she doesn't realize we could make them any day of the year!). :) I always have the ingredients on hand. Soo good!!

Ginger said...

Mmmmm...they look tasty! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking on Take-a-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com