Friday, August 21, 2009

Preschool Schedule

I have been sorting and organizing like a crazy woman for the last couple of weeks and I think I might actually go crazy if I don't take a break from it for a minute.

Here is my 3 year old Preschool daily schedule and I thought some of you may be interested.  Including B, we will have 5 children.  With my older kids I was a part of a couple of different preschool co-ops where the moms switch off teaching and it rotates between houses.  It is nice for the days that you don't have to teach, but I found it to be a little frustrating too.  This year some women from church started asking around to see who was interested in doing a co-op and I seriously considered it, but in the end I decided I would rather do it myself.  I invited all of the other families to join my group and most of them did.  I'm so excited!!

Daily Schedule

9:00 - 9:20 Welcome and circle time. After the basics of calendar, weather, etc. we will introduce the theme of the week and the letter and number (up to 20) of the week. We will also do a "show and tell" once a week and it will be done during this time.

9:20 - 10:00 Instruction. This will be where we cover the theme and letter and number of the week. It won't be 40 minutes of sitting and listening to me. It will be broken up into smaller sections where we work on different things, read stories, sing songs, etc. This is specifically where the structured play comes in. I think kids can learn their letters or to spell their names with play dough or finger-paint better than seeing it up on a white board. This is one of my favorite parts because I get to be creative.

10:00 - 10:15 Snack time. I plan on providing healthy snacks which will include fruits, veggies, homemade muffins, crackers, etc. Sometimes the kids will help make them as part of the lesson.

10:15 - 10:40 Craft/activity time. We will do some sort of craft or activity each day. It may revolve around the theme, the letter and/or number of the week, or be a fun activity that I think the kids will enjoy. Count on them bringing at least one thing that they have created home each week.

10:40 - 11:00 Free-play. This may include play dough, coloring, puzzles, books, blocks, etc. This time is very flexible depending on how long it takes us to do our craft. When the weather is warm, we will most likely be outside. We have a large, completely fenced backyard with a swing set, sand turtle, play house and lots of grass.

I also have the school year calendar with what we are doing each day, but I am having trouble getting it to load to blogger.  I'll see if my husband can help me and I will try and post it for anyone interested.

No comments: