Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to my LOVE!

My husband's birthday is a few days after E's birthday.  I asked him what kind of cake he wanted.  He said, "I don't know...J, what kind of cake do I want?"  J thought about it for a minute and said, "STAR WARS!"  Pretty funny since he has never seen Star Wars.

So, I sat down with J and the computer and we looked up Star Wars cakes.  He decided Dad needed an R2D2 cake.  We got the idea from here.  It took 2 cake mixes, a lot of frosting, and a LOT of time, but it turned out great.  I think I might have to try my hand a fondant if the cake requests get much more detailed.  If only fondant didn't taste disgusting...
Happy birthday Love!  Thanks for working so hard for us and for being such a great husband and father.  We love you!!!

No comments: